The PubMed Central reader has been updated for the latest versions of iOS.
A new version of PMC Reader, the iOS app for conveniently reading PubMed Central articles, has been released. It brings the following changes:
– iPhone support (universal app).
– Full iOS 7 support (required).
– Layout and rendering fixes.
– Stability and performance improvements.
A major update of the iPad reader for PubMed Central articles has been released. New features include:
– Pagination. Choose between paginated or scrolling reading.
– Current page is remembered for each article.
– Choose between grid or list layouts of the article list.
– Rearrange article list with drag and drop.
– Ability to download an article again. May be necessary to benefit from some new features.
– Citation links show the reference in a small popup with links to the bibliography and PubMed.
– More consistent use of colors in the interface.
– Easier to enter and exit fullscreen.
– Traditional iOS navigation between article list and article.
– Requires iOS 6.
This new version of the reader for PubMed Central manuscripts includes:
– Quick navigation between article sections.
– Choose between several serif and sans serif fonts.
– True full screen reading.
– Ability to search the list of articles.
– Links within an article are now working.
– Other minor UI tweaks and enhancements.
The Pubmed Central reader for iPad has been updated with the following changes:
- Articles are now added by searching Pubmed Central directly.
- The article list can be reordered.
- Improved controls for font size, line spacing, and margins.
- Improved display of figures.
- Additional tweaks for better article layout.
This version adds navigation enhancements and general stability and performance improvements.
PMC Reader is now available on the App Store. It is an iPad app for conveniently reading PubMed Central manuscripts.